The Haemorrhoid Centre Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings
Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by The Haemorrhoid Centre Limited
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com, or by post at Charles House, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9FB.
What Does This Policy Cover?
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
To discuss any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner's’ Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of Birth;
- Contact information such as email address and telephone number;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and/or services to you please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and/or services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. If We have not contacted you or you have not responded to our correspondence for 72 months your information will be considered inactive and will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our limited company obligations, >more information at https://www.gov.uk
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site where :
- All information transmitted between your web-browser and the website is encrypted.
Do We Share Your Data?
- Subject to section 8.2, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
This privacy notice was last updated on 1st May 2020 please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this policy.